Hello, from USA!

Antworten

Themen Autor
vintagepc
Carcassonne-Freak
Carcassonne-Freak

Hello, from USA!

Beitrag von vintagepc »

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello! I've come here from CarcassonneCentral in pursuit of the fine work being done here to make expansions available in old/new art styles for those of us with completionist tendencies.

Unfortunately I cannot see them yet as I'm guessing there is a cool down period before new users become regular members, but I will await eagerly.

I've been collecting/playing since very early on, and am currently in the process of making myself a nice wooden box to store all of my tiles and meeples... with room to spare for future expansions.

Somehow, I envision lots of card-cutting and pasting in the future :-)

If I can find it I will share a picture I took quite some time ago of an all-day carcassonne session that took up the entire dining room table. Nowadays I almost need more table for all the expansions!

lrv
Carcassonne-Guru
Carcassonne-Guru

Re: Hello, from USA!

Beitrag von lrv »

One Problem: There is no cool down period...
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Ich helfe dem Häschen.

Diese Signatur kann Spuren von Laktose und Schalenfrüchten enthalten.

seli
Helferlein
Helferlein

Beitrag von seli »

Hallo vintagepc,
ich freue mich immer, wenn Mitglieder von CarcassonneCentral auch hier vorbeischauen.

Gruß Seli
Bild Ich liebe es Landschaften aus den Karten zu bauen.

Themen Autor
vintagepc
Carcassonne-Freak
Carcassonne-Freak

Beitrag von vintagepc »

lrv hat geschrieben: Sa 27. Okt 2018, 06:06 One Problem: There is no cool down period...
Oh... :(

does that mean they are not going to be publicly accessible? I've read through various threads but it's either not there or lost in translation as to the reason for this.... All I saw was in the info on the legality was that HiG restricted the download to members only. Hence my registration.

Fährmann
Carcassonne-Halbgott
Carcassonne-Halbgott

Beitrag von Fährmann »

Welcome on board! :)
I think you have to write 5 good posts, then you can download the fan-extensions. For example tell us about your wooden box with picures of the making-of.

Themen Autor
vintagepc
Carcassonne-Freak
Carcassonne-Freak

Beitrag von vintagepc »

Ah, I see, that makes sense! :)

It's still in the very early stages, so not much to look at yet. But I definitely will try to remember to post pictures when done. I found some cheap wooden boxes on Amazon that would fit the tiles very nicely, and a large roll of maple veneer, and some 1.5mm maple sheets to make dividers and add a little bit of depth.

I'm partway through veneering the first box; when I'm done I plan to have two "stacking" boxes, the top one with meeples, tokens and rules, and the bottom one with tiles organized by expansion.

The tile box will be a top and bottom half which is hinged, and each half will be covered, firstly to keep the tiles in, and second, I plan to make the inside surface a scoring track, with half of the fan-made 200 point track on the top, and the other half on the bottom.

Still debating whether to decorate the outside by colour decals or wood burning...

This was partly inspired by the UK "totally wooden" tile box but my one beef with many ready-made organizers is they either have a lot of wasted space, (by that I mean the card slots are all uniform, resulting in ones that are half filled or there are one too many tiles and you have to move the divider another notch, taking away space for another 10 or so tiles if you keep them organized by expansion) or aren't very expandable. So I decided to make something where I can just add another tile box in the future with it still looking like part of the set. I'm currently up to about 4-500 tiles total, all official except a few DIY prints of fan expansion "fruit traders" and the original Kathars. I'm hoping to print a few more of the larger fan expansions that add more gameplay "regions" like forests and mountains at some point.

I already spent some time putting my tiles in plastic sleeves with small markers in the corner for easier sorting of tiles from before they added symbols to them.

Themen Autor
vintagepc
Carcassonne-Freak
Carcassonne-Freak

Beitrag von vintagepc »

Unfortunately I must have taken the image of the epic carcassonne session I mentioned with a family member's camera, as I do not have it on my SD cards. But instead, I offer something I did on a rainy sunday.... Carcassonne-puzzle!
IMG_0970.JPG

Fan
Carcassonne-Gott 05
Carcassonne-Gott 05

Beitrag von Fan »

Hello vintagepc,

Welcome in Europe ;)
Good luck for your search!
Was nicht oft genug gesagt werden kann:
Ich mag die alte Edition bis auf die Länderbauwerke und die Darmstadt-Erweiterung!
Aus der neuen Edition mag ich nur den Abt!

Strix
Carcassonne-Gott 02
Carcassonne-Gott 02

Beitrag von Strix »

Hello vintagepc!

Welcome in our Carcassonne-Forum!

maik63de
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von maik63de »

Hello vintagepc,

welcome to Carcassonne-Forum....
Gruß Maik
Carcassonne-Forum
Etwas Gescheiteres kann einer doch nicht treiben in dieser schönen Welt, als zu spielen.
Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), norwegischer Dramatiker

ku61
Carcassonne-Gott 02
Carcassonne-Gott 02

Beitrag von ku61 »

Hello vintagepc,
welcome to the best forum.
Zuletzt geändert von ku61 am So 28. Okt 2018, 11:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Zotto

Beitrag von Zotto »

Hello vintagepc,

welcome to our Carcassonne-Forum.
Viele Grüße
Zotto
--------------------------------------
Zusammenkunft ist ein Anfang,
Zusammenhalt ist ein Fortschritt,
Zusammenarbeit ist der Erfolg.

Tom
Carcassonne-Gott 03
Carcassonne-Gott 03

Beitrag von Tom »

Hello vintagepc,

Welcome to our Carcassonne Forum.
"Das Problem ist nicht das Problem. Das Problem ist deine Einstellung zum Problem.”
– Captain Jack Sparrow
Antworten

Zurück zu „Introduction“