Bitte hier eine kurze Vorstellung - Here a short introduction
Antworten

Themen Autor
StanoL
Carcassonne-Meister
Carcassonne-Meister

Greetings from Slovakia

Beitrag von StanoL »

I'm active in Carcassonne comunity couple of months, some information was published in multiple topics on mutliple forum (Czech/English/German) so I made one big about me and me & Carcassonne.

Mine interest on Carcassonne started couple years ago, when my oldest daughter played this game with some of major expansions on our annual trip with schoolmates from university around Slovakia (every year, different place, same group - expect that sometime is enlarged due to new kids born ;-D) with specific schedule - trek to hill, swimming pool and at least one new board game.

This pandemic year and lockdown in Slovakia on spring give opportunity to found online game CarcassOne and multiple carcassonne forums with fan expansions, specially czech one CarcassonneForum.cz (easy language understanding for me) and than CarcassonneCentral.com and last one (horrible for me because of German) Carcassonne-Forum.de on every one is(was) mine nickname Bumsalaka (here on German forum was deleted due to some "slang" issue, sorry for that).

I found that there are zillion of fan expansions but it's quite difficult to print them and do this properly and nice. Mine interest was growing. So I started with create of database of Fan Expansions with cooperation of Czech forum. Here we have to handle copyrights of Fan expansions and it was started is as separate project for beginning.

But just list of expansions is not so interesting, you have it in download area of any of mentioned forum. If do this good, it have to provide some new and useful features. Like filtering for example give me all expansions of author, or design like C2 expansions etc.

Then I realized, that Murphy013 do similar database so at that time I stopped to track all existing expansions and try to look to fan expansions in different point of view. Which expansion one is good to play, to enjoy game, to fun of game. And one of possibility how to check it is print it and play or check it different way.

Between this I found really exciting expansions absolutely unknown and start with redesign from C1 to C2 (Beautiful Vistas). But this is not for me, but I hope I'll finish it someday ;-)

Than I found that JCloisterZone is on github and it's possible to fork it (made own copy of source codes) and enhance functionality with some very easy fan expansion and I choose Wells, because tiles with Well are also in other expansions.

Problem start (except that it is in Java), that farin (author of JClositerZone) was in that time working on brand new version of game, which divided game to two separate projects Engine and Client. And client was not yet available for fork and that time.

So I continued with FanCarpedia (working name for database of fan expansions) and added some extra functionality and play and test Wells expansion on mine version made on previous version of JCloisterZone and it worked fine. But still waiting for 5.0 of JCloisterZone because a lot of things were changed.

When farin publish Client on github I started immediately implementing Wells to new version. But Client of JCloisterZone is still in dev phase, so some features working in previous version is not yet finished like Network playing, AI computer players etc, so implementing of Fan expansions is postponed until production version of JCloisterZone 5.0 will be done.

But back to mine Carcassonne collection. I started with Basic Game found in shop - it was C2 and mine first expansion was 9th Hills & Sheep. I didn't known about C1 or C2 for me was that expansion is different design only difference that it was made in different time. We start to play it at home, on cabin and we bought some games also to family members file my sister's family and my wife's brother family.

Once I found information about mini expansion on internet and I first page I found was cundco.de I bought there Fruit Trees mini expansion and this is still one of favorite mini ever. I still didn't know about C1/C2 differences so when it was Christmas or some celebration with gifts we bought some large expansion found in shop or some mini from internet like Phantom.

Our collection of expansions was bigger and bigger and we were lost in rules. Then I found WikiCarpedia and scoring of game. It was fine, but it not handled all of situations in proper steps so I hope that my pressure to Meepledrone (as maintainer of WikiCarpedia) made his decision to refine scoring during game. This can be stored in PDF with your selected expansions and use it offline. (It was time of spring lockdown of COVID-19 and we were that time in cabin with vary bad internet connection).

Once my oldest daughter said why she got Tower expansion in old design when new design is in shops. And than I started to figured out, that it's not design of expansion but it's design of tiles C1 and C2.

Anyway than I made decision that I will bought all C2 expansion large/mini which we still don't have and if there is not C2 design, I will buy old design. So I prefer C2 ;-)

Until today, we already sold C1 version of Hills & Sheep and Tower and I hope that next year (at 20th anniversary of Carcassonne as Spiel des Jahre 2001) will not be introduces C3 design :D

So currently waiting for Spiel '20 tile from cundo with some minis, for Xmas I bought Winter edition (older one) before it was introduced new reedition.

Mine(out) collection of C2 will be almost done (except Spiel '14-Spiel '19 tiles). And I'll continue with programming stuff for Carcassonne society ;-)
Zuletzt geändert von StanoL am Do 5. Nov 2020, 15:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vorstellungen - Introduction“