Alles, was sonst nirgendwo reinpasst - Anything that fits nowhere else
Antworten

Themen Autor
vstat
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Carcassonne with all expansion - advice needed

Beitrag von vstat »

In September I will be running a mega game at a charity event. I want to use all the large expansions and several small expansions that I own. My hope is to have 6 players, but have enough meeple sets to play 8. I am looking for feedback from players who have played very large games with many expansions.

- What issues did you run into and how did you overcome them? Specifically were there any sets that didn't work well together?
- Did you start with tiles from all expansions in the draw bag? I was thinking about adding in expansions every 5 turns until we have all tiles in.
- How long do your games take?
- If I can get 8 players, I will need more bridges, abbies and castles. I did not pieces on Cundco. Is there a way to obtain them without having to buy another copy of Bridges, Castles and Bazaars?
- What do scores look like in large games? This is a charity event, so I'm thinking of getting people to sponsor money for every point I score. A winning score would help me make suggestions for people to donate.
- Anything else you would like mention about large games, I would love to hear.

Thank you all for reading this and for your feedback!

lrv
Carcassonne-Guru
Carcassonne-Guru

Re: Carcassonne with all expansion - advice needed

Beitrag von lrv »

I have played a game with all big expansions but one and the 7 Minis. I have learned from that that zou should leave away expansions, that place additional figures on the scoreboard, since especially with new players they slow down the game and their constructive use is small and complicated.
I started from all expansions in the upside down bigbox cover. Adding expansions after other turns will probablz result in only cards from one expansions at an amaount of time.(I havenn't testet it)
Games take at least one hour.
You can order the bridges and castles as replacement pieces for 0.30 euros I think.
The winners scores are at least 90, but likely more.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Ich helfe dem Häschen.

Diese Signatur kann Spuren von Laktose und Schalenfrüchten enthalten.

maik63de
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von maik63de »

I have always played big Carcassonne games according to the basic rules. One game was 720 tiles (so 10 basic games).
I also think you should omit the rules of the extensions. 1st and 2 expansion are still going.
Gruß Maik
Carcassonne-Forum
Etwas Gescheiteres kann einer doch nicht treiben in dieser schönen Welt, als zu spielen.
Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), norwegischer Dramatiker

Themen Autor
vstat
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Beitrag von vstat »

lrv hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 07:05 I have played a game with all big expansions but one and the 7 Minis. I have learned from that that zou should leave away expansions, that place additional figures on the scoreboard, since especially with new players they slow down the game and their constructive use is small and complicated.
I started from all expansions in the upside down bigbox cover. Adding expansions after other turns will probablz result in only cards from one expansions at an amaount of time.(I havenn't testet it)
Games take at least one hour.
You can order the bridges and castles as replacement pieces for 0.30 euros I think.
The winners scores are at least 90, but likely more.

Thank you for the advice. I am asking that players have some experience in the game. I don't expect everyone to know all the expansions. I thought it might be nice to introduce the expansions a couple at a time so that nobody is overwhelmed with everything at once. I was also thinking about separating out the tower and Dragon expansions so that we don't have a period where almost all meeples are removed at once. Do you have a link where I could get the bridges and castles? I did not see them on https://cundco.de, which is how I found this forum.

Themen Autor
vstat
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Beitrag von vstat »

maik63de hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 09:54 I have always played big Carcassonne games according to the basic rules. One game was 720 tiles (so 10 basic games).
I also think you should omit the rules of the extensions. 1st and 2 expansion are still going.

Wow that is a big game! I think with all of my expansions the total tile count will be about half of yours. How long did that game take to play?

Fährmann
Carcassonne-Halbgott
Carcassonne-Halbgott

Beitrag von Fährmann »

vstat hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 15:44 Do you have a link where I could get the bridges and castles? I did not see them on https://cundco.de, which is how I found this forum.
There is no direct link. You have to order them as a replacement. Chose the category and describe what you want and from which game/extension it is.

Themen Autor
vstat
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Beitrag von vstat »

Fährmann hat geschrieben: Fr 20. Jul 2018, 00:21
vstat hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 15:44 Do you have a link where I could get the bridges and castles? I did not see them on https://cundco.de, which is how I found this forum.
There is no direct link. You have to order them as a replacement. Chose the category and describe what you want and from which game/extension it is.
Thank you!

maik63de
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von maik63de »

vstat hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 15:45
maik63de hat geschrieben: Do 19. Jul 2018, 09:54 I have always played big Carcassonne games according to the basic rules. One game was 720 tiles (so 10 basic games).

Wow that is a big game! I think with all of my expansions the total tile count will be about half of yours. How long did that game take to play?
A game lasted about 7-8 hours.
Gruß Maik
Carcassonne-Forum
Etwas Gescheiteres kann einer doch nicht treiben in dieser schönen Welt, als zu spielen.
Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), norwegischer Dramatiker
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sonstiges - Anything else“