Neues von CarcC - News from CarcC
Antworten

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Flood in Germany and the Surprising Package

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Here comes some news which I like to report to the community at CarcC, but the forum is still not working.

Udo Schmitz (Carcassonne-on-Tour) sent an e-mail to Maik and me:
(free interpretation of that e-mail)
Maik (maik63de - Admin CarcF) and I (moderator at CarcF and CarcC) - we both get an officially invitation from: HIG, Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and Udo Schmitz to the exhibition "Hobby and Spiel" in Leipzig at 04.10.2013.
We will be guests for the award of the best graphic designed game this year (one could be "Brügge").
Talk with all the graphic artists and authors and the publishers, having lunchtime with Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and all the others, walk around through the halls of the exhibition, and the evening with dinner in the special glass hall.
posting this information with response with Udo Schmitz. Also I hope that no flood, snow or storm make it not happen...

Carcking

Re: Flood in Germany and the Surprising Package

Beitrag von Carcking »

Very nice indeed. That should be quite enjoyable. :)

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

On Sunday 9.6.2013, Udo Schmitz (Carcassonne-on-Tour) from Dresden wanted to start and come visit us here in Lower Saxony, Germany. This would become an official "introductory meeting" with Maik, me and a few members from CarcF and CarcC.

But the flood of the Elbe River near Magdeburg, made it impossible for the train to reach in time here in the West. Thus, we were "indirect flood victims".

As compensation, I have received a "surprise package" from Udo.
The contents of this package is gradually distributed to our industrious and active members of both fourms CarcC and CarcF.
Maik and I - we have made a plan. I also informed Scott about our thoughts. He is very pleased.

Scotts answer:
I think this is a great idea. All of those guys have done a lot for the Carcassonne community and it would be very nice if they can receive ...... as some sort of reward.

Carcking

Beitrag von Carcking »

kettlefish hat geschrieben:On Sunday 9.6.2013, Udo Schmitz (Carcassonne-on-Tour) from Dresden wanted to start and come visit us here in Lower
Wow! What a nice gesture. Hopefully, you will still be able to meet some day. I think that would be worth more than the surprise package anyway. :)

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Carcking hat geschrieben:
kettlefish hat geschrieben:On Sunday 9.6.2013, Udo Schmitz (Carcassonne-on-Tour) from Dresden wanted to start and come visit us here in Lower
Wow! What a nice gesture. Hopefully, you will still be able to meet some day. I think that would be worth more than the surprise package anyway. :)
Yes I hope, that the flood goes away. Many regions of Germany are looking more like a big plate of an inland sea in our country.

The "surpise package" is for the members who are working all time for the community for the game Carcassonne. I will send the "surprising things" to the members.

That is a shame, Scott is not a member here at CarcF. For him it is easy to explain.

Whaleyland
CarcC-BigOnes
CarcC-BigOnes

Beitrag von Whaleyland »

At the rate things are going in Germany, the Netherlands is starting to look pretty good. Perhaps the Dutch flood controls could also be implemented throughout Germany. Was this an unusually rainy year in Germany and the Alps or something? The west coast of the United States has been very dry for the past three years so I can't really relate.
"Never the victor, but still undefeated."

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Whaleyland hat geschrieben:At the rate things are going in Germany, the Netherlands is starting to look pretty good. Perhaps the Dutch flood controls could also be implemented throughout Germany. Was this an unusually rainy year in Germany and the Alps or something?
First the winter ends at the end of March then the rest of our Spring was to much rainy. And in May - rainy days over days over days (also all nights) - The May has 4x more rain than a typical one. The problem was that all the fields can't help with all the rain. The rain goes directly in all the rivers. Many rivers are ending in the river Elbe. And there are more reasons, that the rivers here don't have enough place if a flood comes. So the towns and villages are under water...
Whaleyland hat geschrieben:The west coast of the United States has been very dry for the past three years so I can't really relate.
If you like, we have here enough water, we can give you some...

here are some videos from the flood of the river Elbe - mdr
http://www.mdr.de/sachsen-anhalt/hochwasser-sachsen-anhalt-mittwoch104.html
I know, you can't speak German, make the video silent and look.

here are some pictures from the river Elbe - mdr

Carcking

Beitrag von Carcking »

That is devastating...

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Re: CarcassonneCentral Forum

Beitrag von kettlefish »

The first "surprising package" has been already delivered. ;)

Themen Autor
kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Flood in Germany and the Surprising Package

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Hier werde ich den Talk mit Whaley, Carcking & Co. posten.

Juni 2013 - Flut in Deutschland - somit das nicht stattgefundene Treffen mit Udo - Folge daraus war das "Surprising Package".
Antworten

Zurück zu „CarcC News“