Antworten

Themen Autor
danisthirty
CarcC-BigOnes
CarcC-BigOnes

danisthirty

Beitrag von danisthirty »

Hello! This is my introduction...

I don't have much of a history with board games in general, but first played Carcassonne in July 2012 when my wife bought it for me as a random birthday present. I'd never even heard of it before then and had no idea what it was when I unwrapped the box! But despite being a little unsure at first, I quickly fell in love with the game and have enjoyed collecting many expansions since then.

I became a member at Carcassonne Central in February last year as I had a lot of rules questions to ask as my collection of expansions grew. It was a lot quieter then but my questions never went unanswered and as such I started to spend an increasing amount of time amongst other Carcassonne fans, occasionally giving away spare tiles and other bits and pieces to other members as I wanted them to go to good homes.

There isn't a lot of publicity for Carcassonne in the UK so I was excited about going to the national championship at the UK Games Expo. Although I usually prefer to play directly in 2-player games, I was pleased to finish 10th out of 35 since the games played were all for 4 players at a time. Hopefully I can finish in the top 4 next year...

More recently I have organised and run an online Carcassonne league for members of Carcassonne Central (7 of us) using JCloisterZone. This was followed by a similar World Cup-style competition which we called "The World Cup of Carcassonne Central" and included 20 players! I was made an Admin at CarcC in July and have since been writing a monthly newsletter which is a lot of work, but very good fun too.

Dan

maik63de
Administrator
Administrator
Re: danisthirty

Beitrag von maik63de »

Hello danisthirty,

I welcome you here in Carcassonne forum.
Nice that you found your way here.
Look at you look around and if you have any questions, just ask.
Gruß Maik
Carcassonne-Forum
Etwas Gescheiteres kann einer doch nicht treiben in dieser schönen Welt, als zu spielen.
Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), norwegischer Dramatiker

kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Hi danisthirty,
nice to have you here at CarcF.

kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Hi danisthirty,

look what I have for you - as a thank you for your work at CarcC:

Klaus-Jürgen Wrede has sent to you some signed landscape tiles (fan-made by JPutt9274) for the community.

At the fair in Leipzig Klaus-Jürgen Wrede signed many autograph cards and other pieces for the community.

Here is something for you:
Dateianhänge
signed score board for danisthirty
signed score board for danisthirty

Themen Autor
danisthirty
CarcC-BigOnes
CarcC-BigOnes

Beitrag von danisthirty »

Thanks very much for your kind words maik63de and kettlefish.

That score board looks awesome! Now I won’t have to use the Snakes & Ladders board to keep track of scores (fun as it is)... :)

Benny

Beitrag von Benny »

Hello danisthirty,
welcome to our forum.
Nice to see another CarcC-Member here.

Greetings to the other side of the channel ;)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Introduction“