Carcassonne Latvian championship

kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Re: Carcassonne Latvian championship

Beitrag von kettlefish »

National Championship in Riga, Latvia - 14 09 2014:

MrNumbers was there as a participant, also Udo Schmitz as a special guest...
MrNumbers war als Teilnehmer da und Udo Schmitz war als Gast vor Ort.

I've got some pictures from Udo Schmitz by email during this day...
Udo Schmitz hatte mir heute während des Tourniers ein paar Fotos von der Carcassonne Meisterschaft in Riga, Lettland per E-Mail zugeschickt.

The new T-shirt in yellow with the Carcassonne-Goldrush.
Das neue gelbe T-Shirt mit Aufdruck: Carcassonne-Goldrausch

The game with MrNumbers and the champion of Latvia and with other participants...
Spiele mit MrNumbers und den lettischen Meister sowie mit anderen Teilnehmern
1753 1756

Some more impressions...
Noch mehr Impressionen...

Zotto

Beitrag von Zotto »

Die spielen ja alle auf Bierdeckeln :D
Viele Grüße
Zotto
--------------------------------------
Zusammenkunft ist ein Anfang,
Zusammenhalt ist ein Fortschritt,
Zusammenarbeit ist der Erfolg.

Themen Autor
MrNumbers
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von MrNumbers »

The organization of the tournament was very good, as it was in previous years. Udo Schmitz also came to the tournament and we have plenty of time to talk! :) Udo brought some prizes for tournament participants: Klaus-Jürgen signed cards, Carcassonne bags, Wind Roses, German Monasteries. Every participant (40 people) has received at least one of them.
This year tournament format was little bit different. Last year there was one big group, after 6 games 4 best players advanced to semifinal. With 44 participants it was very hard to get to the top! Now there were two groups with 20 players each and after 5 games 4 top players from each group advanced to quarterfinal, then semifinal and final. This year also new was match for the "bronze medal".
I started tournament with a loss and realized that I need to win all remaining 4 games to advance to QF. I managed to do so, 5th game was the hardest - we both struggled for the place in QF and I won only by 2 points! So I started from the 2nd place in the group, top player of our group was the one to whom I lost my first game - his result was perfect so far. Quarterfinal game was quite easy for me and the semifinal was scheduled with Alexey Pegushev, my opponent from previous year's final (by the way, the top player from my group lost his QF). I was leading throughout the whole game more than half of the scoreboard, 1/3 of the game Alexey was even out of followers! I thought that the game was already won, but than he made an attempt to connect to the big 36-point farm that we shared till that moment with 3 followers each. With 2 tiles left I understood that he has a opportunity to succeed in his connect as we both have counted tiles and there was 1 right tile left, but I couldn't do anything with my tile to stop his connect or to try my own connect (CCCF tile is very specific for connections to farms). He has got his CCFF tile and won by just 8 points.
After that I had not so difficult match for the 3rd place that I won and Alexey in the final won his opponent from other semifinal also by 8 or 9 points. Now he will go to Essen again and will try to win the Worlds!

PresetM
Carcassonne-Gott 05
Carcassonne-Gott 05

Beitrag von PresetM »

Zotto hat geschrieben:Die spielen ja alle auf Bierdeckeln :D
Gibt es in Süddeutschland keine runden Tische? Weil Du so erstaunt tust... :D
„Immer versucht. Immer gescheitert. Einerlei. Wieder versuchen. Wieder scheitern. Besser scheitern.“ Samuel Beckett

Zotto

Beitrag von Zotto »

PresetM hat geschrieben: Gibt es in Süddeutschland keine runden Tische? Weil Du so erstaunt tust... :D
Ich sehe auf den Bildern keine Tische, sondern nur Tischchen. Die gibt es sogar bei uns in Franken :D Mein "Carcassonne-Tisch" ist auch nicht eckig, aber es ist ein Tisch und kein Biädäggäla ymwhisle

Im Ernst: Ich habe noch nie bei einem Carcassonnewettbewerb mitgemacht und kann deshalb nicht mitreden. Aber wenn ich mir die Tischchen so anschaue, bezweifle ich fast, daß da die Karten vom Grundspiel draufpassen, geschweige denn zusätzliche Erweiterungen.
Viele Grüße
Zotto
Zusammenkunft ist ein Anfang,
Zusammenhalt ist ein Fortschritt,
Zusammenarbeit ist der Erfolg.

PresetM
Carcassonne-Gott 05
Carcassonne-Gott 05

Beitrag von PresetM »

Das passt schon, denke ich. Seinerzeit auf Festung Königsstein zum Turnier waren die Tische auch nicht gerade riesig, trotzem gab es am Ende einen Sieger. Es ist nun mal kein Heimwettbewerb, der für ein Spiel ein ganzes Zimmer erfordert. :D
Aber mal im Ernst, das Turnier scheint top organisiert gewesen zu sein: angenehme Räumlichkeit, Schachuhren(!), kein starrendes Publikum (also Ruhe). Hätte mir bestimmt gefallen, auch wenn man auf Bierdeggeln spielen muss...
„Immer versucht. Immer gescheitert. Einerlei. Wieder versuchen. Wieder scheitern. Besser scheitern.“ Samuel Beckett

kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Jungs, dies ist hier der Forums-Bereich wo eigentlich Englisch gesprochen wird...

BrainGames (license partner from HiG) did the organizion of this tournament. It was the 8th Carcassonne Championship in Latvia.

BrainGames (Lizenzpartner von HiG) hatte die Turniere organisiert. Dies war die 8. Carcassonne Meisterschaft in Lettland.

kettlefish
Globaler Moderator
Globaler Moderator

Beitrag von kettlefish »

Here is some more small talk - Copy from CarcC:
MrNumbers hat geschrieben:
kettlefish hat geschrieben: I've called with Udo Schmitz today.
He told me that he gave MrNumbers a special surprising.
Yes, Udo gave me some special surprisings! :D Amongst them - "Carcassonne: Mayflower"! I didn't have it till the moment, now I do :) Didn't have a chance to try it yet, but rules are quite exciting!
Also Udo gave me a special sign (some kind of "breastplate", don't know how to describe/translate it right), it's a little red follower, that can't be bought, it is fixed on the clothes and symbolizes that the holder is a true/faithful fan of Carcassonne (I hope I understood Udo right) 8)
MrNumbers hat geschrieben:
danisthirty hat geschrieben: Did he creep up behind him during his semi-final and then jump out and shout "Boo!" in his face? That would be quite special. And very surprising.
Udo had watched my semi-final game and saw that key moment of connect. If he would do "Boo" to my opponent before that moment, this would also be quite special and quite surprising :)) :)) :))
Antworten

Zurück zu „CarcL News“